Artelac Splash MDO, 10ml eye drop
Patient information leaflet
If you work or spend your free time outside
• Artelac Splash crystal clear ophthalmic solution
• Artelac Splash can be used for up to 6 months after opening
• Artelac Splash contains natural hyaluronic acid polymer (in the form of sodium hyaluronate), which is found in the healthy human eye and in the natural tear film.
• Artelac Splash is suitable for both wetting and rewetting soft and hard contact lenses during wear and makes them noticeably more comfortable to wear throughout the day.
• Artelac Splash is easy to use, well tolerated and safe.
Please read these instructions carefully - they contain important information on how to use the product. If you have any questions, please ask your pharmacist, doctor or contact us.
The solution contains 0,24 % hyaluronic acid (in the form of sodium hyaluronate) and as excipients sterile water, sodium chloride, potassium chloride, disodium phosphate dodecahydrate and sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate. The solution does not contain preservatives.
Artelac Splash is available in a 10 ml eye drop
to moisten the eye and to moisten and rewet soft or hard contact lenses during wear..
- Artelac Splash is best used to refresh and moisturise dry eyes caused by external environmental factors. These factors are often influenced by lifestyle and environment, such as excessive computer use, indoor controlled air environments, lack of blinking, cigarette smoke and windy outdoor environments.
- Certain medications (e.g. contraceptives, antihistamines, beta-blockers, anticonvulsants and diuretics), certain diseases or preservatives in certain eye drops may also play an important role in the development of dry eyes.
- Artelac Splash moisturises the eyes to relieve the main symptoms of dry eyes, such as dryness, irritation or eye fatigue, a feeling of nervousness, or excessive watering.
- Due to the characteristics of the product, it can also be used effectively by people suffering from chronic dry eyest.
How often should I use Artelac Splash?
Put a drop of Artelac Splash in your eyes when you feel it is needed. As Artelac Splash does not contain preservatives, it can be used every day and whenever needed.
Important information about using Artelac Splash
Rarely, the product may cause hypersensitivity reactions and very rarely local allergic reactions. In such cases, treatment should be discontinued.
Do not use this product if you are hypersensitive to any of its ingredients.
Safety information for patients with severe corneal damage: very rarely, calcium phosphate deposits have been reported on the cornea during the use of phosphate-containing ophthalmic preparations.
To increase tolerability, Artelac Splash does not contain preservatives. The pump mechanism allows Artelac Splash to be used for 24 weeks (6 months) after opening. Please do not use Artelac Splash after the expiry date.
Please note that during the first application, or if the bottle will not be used for a longer period of time, it should be pumped before application. When pumping the solution, the bottle should be held with the dropper end down.
Artelac Splash's patented pump mechanism allows the drop to be preservative-free. This can make it look different from the dropper bottles used in the past.
Dr. Gerhard Mann Chem.-pharm. Fabrik GmbH
Read the instructions for use or ask your doctor about the risks!